About Him #001
Today is a very special day for me, as it marks the fifth month that I've been irrevocably in love. I've written a little something nearly each month we've been together to look back on the time we've spent together, and I'll share those down below. It's amazing rereading things I've written about him, because I get to relive those feelings and memories, and while my feelings at the time seemed so strong, they're much, much stronger now. It's just a never-ending love with him, and I'm so grateful to have found that.
Five months have really flown by, and it seems like just the other day we started talking. We've gone through so much together, and it's made us so strong. He's been the only person who's supported me nonstop throughout everything I've been going through lately, whether it be family issues, health concerns, moving to the other side of the planet, or just when I'm lonely. He's always been here for me, and is always willing to drop everything for me. He goes out of his way to see me smile, and make me happy, and feel loved.
I wanted to share a quote that I really love, and since I've met Jay, it finally applies to me. He loves me for exactly who I am, and he pushes me to become a better person and Christian each and every day, which I am so thankful for.
“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.” - Mark Hack
Here are past posts I've written about him:
I'll just start this off by saying the universe is finally on my side. If you've been a long time reader of mine, or if you know me in real life, you'll know that I've had bad luck in relationships (says every girl ever, but really it's true. And it's no one else's fault but my own). Anyway, I finally met someone worth introducing to my parents, and showing off to my friends and readers, and gushing about all day long. And at first, I wanted to keep this to myself, because the best things in life are sometimes better kept private. But this is too great not to share with you guys.
How we met was actually quite unconventional, but let's just say it involved a cricket... That's all I'll say for now. From there, we started talking every day, all day, well into the nights. There hasn't been a day that we haven't talked, and somehow our conversations never die, or get dull. We agree on nearly everything, we have the same sense of humor, we share similar goals and dreams.
When we first met, I didn't think we'd end up where we are right now. I just thought it would be an interesting friendship because we had so much in common, whether it be sports or music or movies or thoughts. But the more we talked, the more I began to really love the person he is, and I wanted to get to know him even better. You know when you meet someone, and you just know they're going to be in your life for a long time? Yeah. This is what he is to me.
He has the softest eyes. And when he looks at me, I feel welcomed and safe. He has the loveliest, most genuine smile. A smile that's so big that it makes his eyes smile too. It's the type of smile that gives you butterflies and makes you feel like you matter, that you're important, that you're loved. He has the kindest heart, and the purest of intentions. He's caring, trustworthy. He's the most intelligent person I have ever met, and he always knows the right things to say. The more we talk, our conversations deepen and I could talk to him for hours and never be tired of his voice. His voice. He has the most unique accent, which is a mixture of Dutch, British and Canadian. He sings to me. His words warm my heart. He has influenced me substantially. I talk to him and it makes me want to be a better person. He makes me want to be alive. He's an inspiration. We pray together every night, we build each other up, we support each other. Since I met him, days seem brighter and the nights don’t seem so scary anymore. I wake up and I’m glad that I did. He's like a drug to me and damn, am I addicted. I need him, I want him, I crave him every day. He's part of my daily routine. I met someone. Damn, I met someone and he's quickly become my earth, moon, and stars.
You know that feeling when you get home after a really long, stressful day and you close your door, put your bags down, and breathe? Or when you go home to visit your parents, and you feel so safe and comfortable and completely yourself?
That's what he is for me. He's home.
There are so many things I love about you, but I've really come to love all the little things about you the most. The little things that not everyone else sees, that you don't even notice half the time, little things that are often unconventional to fall in love with, yet I do because they're so uniquely you. There are so many things that I love about you, and I want to tell you all those things, but never in a million years would time be enough to tell you because every day I find at least one thing more about you that I love. **Cue cheesy "Awwww"**
- You value your education and future.
- You're always trying to be a "better boyfriend" but you're already the best.
- When you tell me to go to sleep, but we just keep talking (even though we're half asleep and nonsensical)
- I love your handwriting.
- I like that you like that I post these blogs about you because it makes you blush, and you are the cutest thing when you blush.
- When you sing to me.
- Our mutual appreciation (and borderline obsession) with bagels and cream cheese.
- You're so used to me being weird and random that it doesn't even phase you anymore (which is great because it only gets worse)
- I love that sometimes your words don't come out as words.
- You never fail to make me laugh, even when you're not trying to be funny (and you do the BEST impression of a leaf I have ever witnessed)
- You value my thoughts, opinions and ambitions.
- You listen to me and talk to me.
- I can tell you about the strangest things and you will still listen (prime example would be when I called a cow a "fluffy milk horse" or that I wanted to get a cat and name it Jesus)
- You talk about me to your family and friends so much they must hate me by now.
- Everything seems so easy with you, and when you talk to me all my stresses melt away.
- You have a kind soul. Everything you do is with good intentions. You need to remember that people make mistakes, and you don't let those mistakes define you. You're better than that.
- You get so nerdy about editing videos and watching sports, it's actually adorable.
- You work hard every day. And it doesn’t matter if you're running on two hours of sleep, if I needed something, you would be right there for me. You are selfless.
- I love hearing you try to pronounce Hawaiian words.
- How your lips move and your eyes light up when you're talking to me.
- When you say British things like "Oi" and "Mate" my heart melts a little bit (a lot)
- I'm the most me I've ever been, I'm so comfortable around you, and you know every little thing about me, yet you still love me with all you have.