This post is in partnership with Whole Foods and their Make Me Whole Campaign.
Whole Foods Market is giving YOU a chance to win groceries for a YEAR! If you’re like me and you’re trying to enhance your health this year, follow Whole Foods and tag a photo of what you’re totally obsessed with eating at the moment with 3 things: @wholefoods, #MakesMeWhole & #sweeps on Instagram or Twitter. It’s that easy! Good luck!! 🙂
Since coming back from Las Vegas and Arizona, I’ve been on a major health kick.
As a part of that, I’ve been experimenting with different recipes! One of my favorites right now is this Banana Oats Breakfast Bowl that I threw together in my head while walking up and down every aisle in Whole Foods.
This breakfast bowl is packed with protein, superfoods and flavor – and I don’t even like oats! But this is just amazing. (I think you’ll love it) 🙂
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or other milk of your choice!)
- 1 banana (half mashed, half sliced)
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (I used a superseed blend of chia, flax and hemp!)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon or nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Spoonful of almond butter (this vanilla espresso almond butter is the BEST)
- Toasted coconut or coconut flakes/chips
- Granola (I got this organic peanut butter granola, it goes really well with the banana!)
How to make it:
- Combine your oats and milk in a pot and place over medium heat. Stir and cover.
- When it starts to bubble, lower the heat slightly, remove the cover and gently stir until the oats absorb the liquid (this took about 5 minutes).
- After the oats are cooked through and your oatmeal is thick, add your egg white (for added protein!). Stir until your egg is cooked completely (about 1 minute).
- Add the mashed banana, chia seeds, cinnamon/nutmeg and vanilla, mix well and cook until desired consistency.
- Transfer to a bowl and then decorate with your toppings!
This is one of the easiest and yummiest breakfasts. I can’t wait to experiment more with different breakfast bowls and toppings!
Also! Don’t forget to enter the giveaway for FREE groceries for a year! Good luck! 🙂